EDP, commissioned by Rabobank, undertook building inspections at all the bank’s nationwide branches.
We conducted individual site inspections to assess various aspects of building compliance across the Rabobank property portfolio. These inspections comprised several components.
Structure – visual assessment of the structure of the building, including evidence of subsidence, overloading and structural distress.
Building fabric – visual assessment of the fitness of the property for its intended purpose with regard to factors such as design, workmanship and condition.
Work health and safety – inspection of items such as tenancy risk, paths of travel, contractor management, equipment storage, incident reporting, workspace set-up (availability of sit/stand desks) and emergency planning and preparedness.
Statutory compliance – Building Code compliance, including
- Essential services (annual fire safety statement)
- Cooling tower registration
- Backflow prevention testing certification
- Vertical transportation (lifts, elevators, escalators and travelators)
- Trade waste agreement (where applicable)
- Compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act
- External and internal paths of travel
- Building entry points
- Disabled toilets and other facilities
- Lifts, stairs and ramps.
Environmental – non-intrusive hazardous materials audit, based on age and condition of the building, including:
- Asbestos-containing materials
- Polychlorinated biphenyls
- Synthetic mineral fibres
- Lead-based paint
- Indoor environmental quality (air, water, lighting and acoustic conditions).
Building services – assessment of the standard of maintenance, operational efficiency and compliance with current industry standards and practices.
- Building management systems
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning cooling towers and controls
- Electrical (residual current devices, lighting, signage and lighting protection)
- Hydraulics (water supply and reticulation and sewage, storm water and trade waste treatment)
- Essential safety measures
- Fire protection (hydrants, hose reels, sprinklers, extinguishers and blankets)
- Emergency services (power, water and communications contingencies)